Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance (DCNA) is looking for a fulltime
Location: The Netherlands / Bonaire
Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance (DCNA) is a non-profit organization, aimed at supporting the nature park organizations, with the sustainable conservation and development of the most unique and diverse ecosystems, on the six Dutch Caribbean islands. DCNA supports the nature park organizations by securing sustainable funding and by promoting knowledge-sharing and collaboration. DCNA supports the nature park organizations as a “knowledge-broker” and helpdesk for a variety of policy and organizational matters. DCNA acts as a representative, at the request of the nature park organizations. In addition, DCNA creates a repository of information about biodiversity and nature conservation in the Dutch Caribbean.
As the Fundraising Officer you are responsible for networking with (potential) partners, donors, and supporters, and assisting with the implementation of the communication strategy of DCNA. You report directly to the Director of DCNA.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop and implement fundraising policy, programs, work plans and proposals.
- Prepare and distribute relevant information through email communication as well as on social media and through the website of DCNA.
- Develop and maintain project income through institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Work towards increasing the DCNA Environmental Trust Fund.
- Fundraise for projects and programs in support of the conservation activities of all park management organizations in the Dutch Caribbean.
- Do research and keep track of funding opportunities, providing timely information to support the development of new bids.
- Work closely with the DCNA Fundraising Committee, the Director, and DCNA staff.
- Maintain and expands the DCNA network of current and potential sponsors and other stakeholders in the field of nature protection.
- Prepare management information, periodic reports, and other documents on fundraising activities for the Director, the Executive Committee, and the General Board of DCNA.
- Contribute to the development of company policies and strategy.
- Support the Director with various non-fundraising activities and projects as well as general administrative and secretarial tasks on an as needed basis.
- Promote the DCNA organization locally as well as internationally.
We are looking for a result-oriented fundraising professional with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, though long tenure as a fundraising professional can offset this.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 3-5 years in a charity fundraising role.
- Great communication, collaboration, networking, and presentation skills.
- Excellent language skills in both Dutch and English. Knowledge of Papiamento is a plus.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Excellent website management and social media skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office), highly skilled in working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to interpret scientific and/or technical information for a lay audience.
- Demonstrable interest in nature conservation, and general understanding of the Dutch Caribbean conservation sector.
- Integrity and reliability
The position can be fulfilled from both Bonaire and the Netherlands (remotely).
You can send your application letter together with a detailed resume as soon as possible to email@example.com (email subject ‘Fundraising Officer’). An assessment and a reference check will be part of the recruitment process.