BioNews is a monthly newsletter by the Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance (DCNA), focusing on the biodiversity research and monitoring in the Dutch Caribbean. BioNews presents you with an overview of the on-going research and monitoring efforts and provides a regular update on what’s currently happening on our islands.
This month’s issue focuses on the development of the Dutch Caribbean Biodiversity Database, which addresses one of the biggest gaps for nature conservation on our islands – lack of access to relevant and reliable biodiversity information. The database, which was recently relaunched at www.dcbd.nl is the central repository for all biodiversity-related research and monitoring data, maps and literature for the six islands.
Amongst others, you will find in this sixth issue:
- Overview of Research and Monitoring Efforts
- Mangrove Management for Conservation of the Queen Conch
- Invasive Seagrass in Lac Bay, Bonaire
- ‘Research of the Month‘: Dutch Caribbean Biodiversity Database
- Maritime Incident Response Workshop on St. Maarten
- Calendar of Upcoming Events, Meetings and Workshops
Click the thumbnail to download the PDF version of this BioNews issue (~2 MB).
Click here to download the high resolution version of this issue (~7 MB).
If you would like us to showcase your project in BioNews, please let us know and we will share it for you.
Your feedback and comments on BioNews are most welcome! Leave a comment.